Monday, February 8, 2016

MAGNET GRADUATE SPOTLIGHT:
Brittany Berrelleza
East Career and Technical Academy '15



What is your name?
            Brittany Marie Berrelleza
What CCSD Magnet School(s) did you attend and what year did you graduate?
            East Career & Technical Academy, Class of 2015
What college/university did/do you attend?
            University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV)
What is your current occupation?
Registered Behavior Technician, Autism Interventionist, Job Coach and   Consultant at Grant a Gift Autism Foundation
 What was your favorite thing about attending a Magnet School?
I have attended Magnet Schools since middle school, not by choice my parents pushed me to do it, and I can’t thank them enough! What I love most about the programs, is you’re going there for one thing and everyone is very motivated to learn. You also have teachers who are very motivated and want to help you succeed and push you to what they know you can do!
What’s your proudest achievement since graduating from High School?
            After graduating from high school with honors, I currently am a Special Education major
at UNLV, I would have to say my proudest achievement is starting my career working with Grant a Gift Autism Foundation, with them I have become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT). Grant A Gift Autism Foundation is in my field of study, I just need to attain my degree, to keep climbing in the company I have already achieved so much in!
How did attending a Magnet School help prepare you for college and/or your current profession?
I was in the education program at East Career & Technical Academy, it helped me prepare for college by the work they would give us. It was definitely a work load but this work had also made every single part of my brain work! Also, the famous Senior Project at East Tech had pushed my brain to every extent, in which I did a project on kids diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, which helped me prepare for the career I have now.
 If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how could you use it?
It isn’t necessarily a superpower but it is more like I would love to be a Fairy Godmother. Being a Fairy Godmother would allow me to help, not only typical kids, but kids that are Special Needs to help them pursue their dreams and conquer whatever it is they want to accomplish!
What teacher inspired you most? How?
The teacher that inspired me the most was Ms. Linda Bouch! She is superwoman to me and she was a lot of help my high school career. When I felt like giving up she was there to remind me of the things I have accomplished and what I am capable of. I am VERY thankful for her and I constantly thank her, I would not be where I am if it wasn’t for her. She has helped me reached my goals and dreams but in a manner where I am not overwhelming myself! Ms. Bouch was my FCCLA advisor and my mentor throughout my high school career! So, again, I’d like to thank Ms. Bouch for being there for me every single step of the way and never giving up hope in me.
What advice do you have for students today?
Everyone’s favorite advice is don’t slack off, but not mine. If you do, do it your freshman year and learn from it. I think students should talk to their parents, let them know what is going on or what they need help with or see if they can find them some help. My parents were the best, they pushed, helped and motivated me in every way, I would not be here without them. My favorite advice to give students are find your passion and stick with it for it to be your motivation. No one can stand in the way of you and your motivation. 















No comments:

Post a Comment