Tuesday, February 16, 2016

MAGNET GRADUATE SPOTLIGHT
James Foreman
Clark High School '04



What is your name?  
 
James Foreman 

What CCSD Magnet School(s) did you attend and what year did you graduate? 

Clark High School AMSAT 2004

What college/university did/do you attend? 

Colorado State University 2008, University of Texas at Austin 2010

What is your current occupation?
 
Structural Engineer

What was your favorite thing about attending a Magnet School? 
 
Making friends with other students who were interested in math and science and took school seriously.

What’s your proudest achievement since graduating from High School? 

Marrying my wife, Amy!

How did attending a Magnet School help prepare you for college and/or your current profession? 

Taking AP math classes (and passing the AP exam) got me a head start on my college courses, which gave me the opportunity to take some extra engineering courses I was interested in.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how could you use it?  

Teleportation.  No more traffic, no more security checks. 

What teacher inspired you most? How? 

Roger West. I think when a teacher really cares about their students, the students can tell and the relationship goes beyond just learning some subject (political science?).  I think of Mr. West more as a mentor I can turn to for the rest of my life, than as a high school teacher.

What advice do you have for students today?  

Keep an open mind about school, and use each class as an opportunity to figure out where your passions lie.  I think the more you understand what interests and excites you, the more you can get out of of high school and college.  And probably the more rewarding your career will end up being.


No comments:

Post a Comment